The LCA initiated the biennial Learner Corpus Research Conferences.
Due to the uncertainties brought about by the persistence of the COVID-19 pandemic, the LCR2021 organizing committee and the Association of Learner Corpus Linguistics have decided to postpone the sixth LCR biennial conference to 2022. The LCR conference has been rescheduled for 22-24 September 2022. We will refer to it as LCR2022.
The LCA Board already welcomes proposals for the organisation of LCR2024! Please contact Susan Nacey, LCA conference officer, for further details.
The LCA also maintains a calendar of events related to learner corpus research. Please send us info about related conferences, workshops, etc via the contact form.
6th LEARNER CORPUS RESEARCH CONFERENCE
The extended deadline for submission is 3 February 2022 !!
The International Conference for Learner Corpus Research (LCR 2022) will be held at the University of Padua (Italy), at the Department of Linguistic and Literary Studies (www.disll.unipd.it) on 22-24 September, 2022.
Its aim is to bring together researchers, language teachers and software developers with a common interest in the use of learner corpora for research on second language acquisition, as well as for the enhancement of language pedagogy and language assessment. The LCR2022 Conference aims to showcase the latest developments in the field of learner corpus research regarding the description of learner language and the design of innovative methods and tools to analyse it.
The conference will feature keynote lectures, full paper presentations, work in progress reports, poster presentations, software demonstrations and a book exhibition. Pre-conference workshops are also planned.
The language of the conference is English.
The following keynote speakers have confirmed their participation in the conference:
– Silvia Bernardini (Università di Bologna, Italy)
– Anke Lüdeling (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany)
– Hilary Nesi (Coventry University, England)
All topics related to learner corpus research based on any language are welcome. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Language for Academic Purposes;
- Language for Specific Purposes;
- Language Teaching, Assessment and Testing;
- Learner corpus-based SLA studies;
- Corpora as pedagogical resources;
- Multimodal learner corpora;
- Software for learner corpus analysis;
- Corpus-based translation studies;
- English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI);
- English as a Lingua Franca (ELF);
- Data mining and other explorative approaches to learner corpora;
- Statistical methods in learner corpus studies.
Abstracts, written in English, should be between 600 and 700 words (excluding a list of references) and should provide the following:
– clearly articulated research question(s) and its/their relevance;
– the most important details about research approach, data and methods;
– (preliminary) results and their interpretation.
Abstracts will be submitted through EasyChair. The extended deadline for submission is 3 February 2022 23 January 2022. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by the scientific committee. Notification of the outcome of the review process will be sent by 31 March 2022.
Competition for papers by PhD students
There will be a competition for best paper presentation by a PhD student. If you are a PhD student, an LCA member, and present a single-authored full paper you can take part. Remember to indicate that you are interested when submitting your abstract in EasyChair.
There will also be a competition for the best poster. This is open to all poster presenters. You should also remember to indicate that you are interested when submitting your abstract.
Further information is available on our webpage: www.maldura.unipd.it/lcr-2022/
The LCR 2022 organising committee
- Erik Castello (University of Padua)
- Katherine Ackerley (University of Padua)
- Caroline Clark (University of Padua)
- Francesca Coccetta (Ca’ Foscari University of Venice)
- Marta Guarda (Eurac Research, Bolzano)
- Carla Quinci (University of Padua)
- María Belén Díez Bedmar (Universidad de Jaén)