Becoming an LCA registered member will give you access to a number of specific ‘members-only’ online resources:
- the LCA calendar where you can announce upcoming events (conferences, workshops, etc.);
- the LCA news where you can post job offers, call for papers and other announcements;
- a repertory of researchers, research centres and affiliated institutions active in LCA;
- a specialised searchable learner corpus bibliography;
- shared electronic resources: corpora, software tools, draft papers, reports.
LCA membership also includes:
- the possibility to ask questions, send announcements, etc. to the LCA mailing list.
- the possibility for PhD students to take part in the best paper/poster competition at the LCA conference;
- a 20% discount of the subscription rate for individual subscribers to the International Journal of Learner Corpus Research;
- advance notice of each new book published in the Corpora and Language in Use series and a 15% discount for a period of three weeks after the publication date;
- a 6-month free trial access to the Sketch Engine.
So don’t wait any longer and join the fun!
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) regulations that came into effect on 25th May 2018 (replacing the 1988 Data Protection Act), the Learner Corpus Association protects all the data provided by its members for the purposes of contact.
The data we have consists of your name, institution, email address – and (for some) postal address – and the dates when you renewed your membership fees. It is understood that an individual joining the association consents to our holding the contact details they provide. All the personal information given to us is processed in accordance with the Data Protection legislation.
The LCA executive board is the Data Controller for the Association. The Data Control Leads are the General Secretary, Webmaster and Treasurer of the Association.
The following points outline how we comply with the GDPR legislation in relation to the data we hold:
– LCA has created a data inventory of all the personal data that we hold.
– The information is stored securely and safely on UCLouvain servers.
– Data can only be accessed by the Secretary, the Treasurer and the Webmaster.
– Information about members on our password protected members’ area is only used with consent from the individuals concerned.
– No personal financial information is retained by LCA, as all financial transactions are conducted through the member’s bank, or through PayPal.
– Personal information will only be used for the normal business of the Association and no other, without further consent.
– No information will be shared with any other body unless at the behest of the member concerned.
– In all cases, only the minimum necessary amount of data will be retained.
– The information is kept up-to-date and outdated information deleted.
– Members’ data will only be retained while an individual remains a fully-paid-up member of the Association. Information on former members will not be retained.
– All members have the right:
– to be informed about the collection, storage and use of their data
– to have access to their personal data
– to request that inaccurate personal data be corrected
The LCA Executive board will make sure to identify and address emerging privacy and security risks and updating its policy statement accordingly.
AGREED by the LCA Executive board members on 30 September 2018.