The third Vocab@ conference will be hosted by KU Leuven from 1 to 3 July 2019.
Previous Vocab@ conferences were held at Meiji Gakuin University in Tokyo in 2016 and Victoria University Wellington in 2013.
The Vocab@Leuven conference aims to bring together researchers from different disciplines who investigate the learning, processing, teaching, and testing of second/foreign language vocabulary.
Confirmed plenary speakers:
- Batia Laufer (University of Haifa)
- Marc Brysbaert (Ghent University)
- Elke Peters
- Paul Pauwels
- Maribel Montero Perez
- Eva Puimège
- Ann-Sophie Noreillie
- Thao Duong
The program will consist of paper presentations, poster sessions, invited colloquia and invited plenary speakers.
Types of presentations:
- individual paper (20 + 10 minutes)
We invite abstracts for paper and poster presentations about any topic related to second/foreign language vocabulary:
- vocabulary teaching (classroom-based research, technology-based, formal/informal learning, …)
- vocabulary assessment
- vocabulary and the skills of reading, listening, TV viewing, writing and speaking
- formulaic language
- corpus approaches to vocabulary
- psycholinguistic approaches to vocabulary
- neurolinguistic approaches to vocabulary
- vocabulary for specialized use (academic, business, technical, etc.)
- vocabulary resources (word lists, dictionaries, …)
- vocabulary and genre/register
Submission deadline: December 15, 2018