Call for Papers for the American Association of Applied Corpus Linguistics AACL 2014
The American Association for Corpus Linguistics (AACL) call for papers for the next conference September 26-28, 2014, in Flagstaff, AZ.
Faculty, graduate students, and independent scholars are invited to submit abstracts for 25-minute papers (20 minute presentation + 5 minutes for questions) on any aspect of corpus linguistics. Abstracts will undergo anonymous review.
Papers are welcome from a range of subfields:
- Tools and methods (corpus creation, corpus annotation, tagging and parsing, visualization of large data sets, open source corpora (philosophy and practice), software development);
- Linguistic analyses of corpora as they relate to language use (register/genre as well as lexical and grammatical variation, language varieties, parallel corpora, historical change, lexicography);
- Application (the use of corpora in language teaching and learning).
Abstract details: Submit abstracts to email@example.com by February 10, 2014.
– Cover page: Author(s) name(s); Affiliation; Contact information; Paper title; Category (see above)
– Abstract page: Paper title; Abstract (max. 250 words)
– Format: MS Word or PDF (the latter is necessary if the abstract contains specialized fonts)
February 10: Deadline for submission of abstracts
April 11: Notification of decisions on abstracts
September 26-28: Conference